jueves, 25 de noviembre de 2010

My experience learning English at the university / A general reflection

My experience learning English was different compared with the school english, and it is not bad, would be bad if this wasn't like that. Learn English is a important thing to the sciences in this moment, almost "papers" are published in english. When a researcher need to publish a research, almost time he prefer to publish in english like in a international language. Sometimes some views see that like a research more serious and reliable, but this isn't a good reason to a research, may be once a research could publish a good research in spanish and not in english, but this is strange.

I think that I like english since I am a little boy, maybe because almost things that was amusing, I saw or listen there in english, maybe the films, maybe the music, or maybe the something else.

When I studied in my school I remember that at the begining, english was complicated and no so entertainig, but this was when I was so little, but next when I began to be more mature school student I took more taste to the english: I could repeat the words in english, I could pronounce similar to the teacher and this was fine. Later I listen my father to say: "English is important, you must learn english, you could take a English course..."; but in this moment I didn't want take a english course...

When I have something like 20 years I convinced myself that english was an important thing to learn, that was at the university, and subsecuently I arrive to the Physical Therapy carreer and I could take a interesting course of english.


Now I know that the english is important and necesary because now I face with the investigations and most of "papers" are in English. Not always I think such aquiscent with english because I said: "Wy everything (the important) is in englsh?", "Why not in sapnish?" and today I maintain this question, but now the research are this. I don't want resign, but to study I need english now, in the other hand I like english so well, but ... researchs in spanish... would be nice some moments.

English is an atractive language, I don´t have the reason but I sense something like historic oportunities, conditioning, cultural constructs, and finally consensus in order to communicate with foreigners. On the other hand I have a little taste about english, and when someone (in my opinion) learn something it is more entertaining and interesting, because is an achievement. There are also reasonable questions, but I need some of comprension, tolerance and no-pride to live in this world, and love with this and to be happy with the english, with the people at the university and in God.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario